The power players in Boston are the ones getting things done and leading change in the Boston economy. With that in mind, we welcome you to our third annual Boston Business Journal Power 50. This is a list designed to inform, illuminate, confirm, and invariably generate controversy.
We drew from some 100 outside nominations and our own institutional knowledge, knowing that, in some cases, some readers would be scratching their heads, saying, “Who’s that?” For everyone has their own power meter — with gauges often set by one’s industry and position.
The list forms the basis for a special print supplement in November, as well as our annual Power 50 cocktail party on Nov. 6 at the Boston Harbor Hotel.
Here are this year’s Power 50:
• Jonathan Bush, CEO, athenahealth Inc.
• Jeff Fagnan, Partner, Atlas Venture
• Kerry Healey, President, Babson College
• Anne M. Finucane, Global Strategy & Marketing Officer, Bank of America Corp.
• Dave Porter, Managing Partner, Baystate Financial
• Andrew Dreyfus, President & CEO, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
• Jim Koch, Brewer and Founder, The Boston Beer Co.
• Wycliffe “Wyc” K. Grousbeck, Managing Partner, Governor and CEO, Boston Celtics
• Kate Walsh, CEO, Boston Medical Center
• Douglas T. Linde, President, Boston Properties
• John Henry, Principal Owner, Boston Red Sox (and soon, the Boston Globe)
• Tim Rowe, founder and CEO, Cambridge Innovation Center
• Josiah “Joe” Spaulding, CEO, Citi Performing Arts Center
• Diane Hessan, President and CEO, Communispace
• Gail Goodman, CEO, Constant Contact
• Michael W. Bonney, CEO, Cubist Pharmaceuticals Inc.
• Bill Cummings, Founder, Cummings Properties/Cummings Foundation
• William K. Bacic, New England Managing Partner, Deloitte & Touche
• Barbara Goose, President, DigitasLBi, Boston, Detroit offices
• Joseph Tucci, President & CEO, EMC Corp
• Timothy G. Healy, Chairman, CEO co-founder, EnerNoc